July 11, 2006

Learning from the process of creating art

Great article about learning to be an artist, or rather make art. I particularly like this part:

We don’t start out as “creatives”. Few of us have such gifts at birth, and frankly, I’m unsure that creativity is something that is naturally ingrained. I do believe that these stories work well in film, and tie-in to the mythology which Hollywood is so renowned for; however, I’m convinced that good creative comes from training, just like good athletes become so as a result of focused coaching and hard work. Some may have a greater propensity for creative work than others; yet, I tend to believe that this rarity is overemphasized in our culture.


Read the entire article:
http://www.ideasonideas.com/2006/06/creativity_learning/

1 comment:

Maggie Muggins said...

Hi,
I'm trying to update all that have commented on my post (or emailed me) about Adobe Illustrator and Mac not working for them. Graphtec has released an update for Mac (OS X Lion 10.7) and I'd love to know if it actually works in order to update my readers. I'll be posting about it tonight on my blog. I'd love for you to try it out and let me know. maggiemugginsdesigns.blogspot.com Sorry to comment here, but it's the only way I had to contact you. Here is the link I have:

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/imaging_software/CuttingMaster2-V1.85/CM2V185_for_STD_B2.zip

Maggie